Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Fours and a Pour: August 23

Obviously, I love wine and love sharing my discoveries with you.  Writing, Tweeting, Instagramming - my communication is very focused on the vino. (And if you're not following me on Instagram and Twitter, what are you waiting for?  @shanaspeakwine).

However, I come across so many unique  non-wine things during the week that make life interesting and meaningful that I'd be remiss not to share them.  This new column, Friday Fours and a Pour, will share 4 things I'm currently digging, along with one wine that made my week.

Friday Fours:
1.  This Infinity Hammock,  recently featured on www.julib.com.. How amazing does this look for those end-of-summer lazy afternoons? Bonus points if you can get one of these on a beach, a la the picture below.  www.trinityhammocks.com



2. Artist and tattoo genius Amanda Wachob.  Her work is gorgeous, both on canvas and on skin.  I want her to ink me so badly!  www.amandawachob.com

3.  The Hudson Square Music and Wine Festival at City Winery.  Free music, wine, beer and local food purveyors make this the backyard soiree you wish you could throw.  There's only one left, on August 27, so make sure to hightail it down there.  www.citywinery.com

4.  The Sugookie at Sugo in Long Beach, NY. Warm chocolate chip cookie +baking pan = a soccorat scraping effect to get every last morsel.  Just make sure to eat it on your last day of vacation.  This is not a bathing suit-friendly eating endeavor. www.sugocafe.com

The Pour:
Can't stop, won't stop: Summer of Riesling is not over yet!  Have a go at the Weingut Robert Weil, Riesling. Rheingau, 2011.  Orchard peach. Ripe melon.  Slate.  Touch o' sugar.  Have it at Terroir with their calamari salad.  Summer perfection.  http://restauranthearth.com/terrior/Terroir.html


No comments:

Post a Comment